Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Friday 9 April 2010

Sweet as Neopolitan Ice Cream!!


Hello All...


This is my latest creation, and I know it's a Tilda card...
I promise you that I do have other stamps in my stash and over the next weeks I will be using them, honest..
I can't help it with the beautiful Tilda, there is just something about her, or as my mum would say, Something NOT about her, "she hasn't got a nose or mouth"...Oh mum don't you know anything, she's an Angel, and they don't have mouths because Angels speak with their hearts!....(don't know about the nose though)....

Down to the business of the card..
I made this card as part of two challenges, it is the first time I have made a card in this way before, and although I found the end result pleasing, It was a bit hard to follow two themes at once.
One challenge was to follow the template and the other was to follow the colour combination.

You can find these challenges here:
http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/
http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.com/

I started with a cream background card and then chose all my Neopolitan colours to go on it. I had a free pad of My Mind's Eye papers which came inside a craft magazine (not sure which one, sorry), and they are called Pretty Spring Papers, so I chose the paper for the chair and the matting behind. The brown and cream papers are from DCWV Latte stack which I am finding very useful.This brown paper even has a lovely very subtle cream flower on it, I was not sure if the camera would pick it up, but I noticed it had, good.
The sweet Tilda was coloured with copics, and I have sat her on the Magnolia chair.
The flowers and leaves are cut with Nellie puches and the border edge with a MS punch. I finished off with pearls, tiny roses, ribbon from my stash and a sentiment stamp saying "There is no one like you! by Hero Arts..
Hope it fits the bill for both challenges, and hope you like the delicious colours!!
Debbiexx

10 comments:

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love the image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Lindsey said...

This is lovely Debbie. There is something so nice about colouring Tilda, she is just so fun to do! Love the arm chair and the papers! How is operation Micro Pig (OMP) going?!
Linds xx

Suzie Q said...

Hi Debbie,
what a fab card that chair was made to fit!!!
your mum is exactly the same as mine "not sure i like em they need a gob!!" she say's!!
Good luck with the challenge x
Hugs
Suzie Qxx

Lindsey said...

Oh Debbie we need to steo OMP up a gear especially if David Beckham has one. Right, this is the plan....firstly no more laundry, ironing or cooking. They know wht they need to do if they want that service again. Obviously hoovering and toilet cleaning is out. As a last resort you yourself must stop washing. If this fails then we will have to re think. I will also take this approach to see if I can get my horse. Won't hold my breath though!

dolcreations said...

This is adorable. I love my magnolia's too! We just have to all stick together and totally enjoy!!! I love the colours and the title of your post!!! Beautifully done!!

Crystal said...

Great card! I love Magnolia stamps, aren't they just the cutest? Love your border punch, flowers & ribbon too and did I mention I love your blog background? (I have the same one!) Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes :)

Alica said...

very pretty, great colors and I love the paper pieced arm chair!

Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

Christine said...

What a great card! I haven't seen that arm chair before, and now I want it!! Your whole card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Danderella said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes!

Bev said...

Beautiful card, such wonderful detail and fabulous choice of papers! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x