Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Thursday 19 August 2010

My First Digi (Christmas) Card~



Hi All~

Before I get onto todays card, I would like to Thank my Blog Friend Vixx, she sent me the lovely award at the top right of my blog, "it's a lovely blog award", thank you Vixx, what a sweet thing to do.

I have wanted to try out a Digi Stamped image for ages now. Lots of people use them and on Tuesday I had a blog hop and found Emma's blog.
Her digi stamp was lovely, so I asked her about it and her info was fantastic.
Emma told me her stamp was one of Heather Ellis's and gave me a link to where to buy.
Within an hour I was colouring in my Digi image and I am really happy with the results.
I ended up choosing 6 of Heather's images as she was having a sale, there were some lovely ones to choose from. Give it a go if like me you have never tried it, I only spent £3 and paid through Pay Pal, couldn't have been easier. Within minutes they were ready to print from my email account....FAB!

Hope you like the image I chose? I do, and it's so nice for a Christmas Card.
I am still amazed at myself being so organised with Christmas Cards, if you had told me I would be making them in July/August I would have laughed. Last year I started in November, and I was making them for others too!

A few days ago I made a couple of cards in Blue, and for me Blue is the new Green (Green being my favorite colour). I think the colour is beautiful for a Christmas Card. It is very fresh and clean looking and I do sometimes think the traditional Green and Red can be a tad dull.
I have used Bo Bunny papers, an adhesive snowflake ribbon from DCWV, a piece of adhesive sparkle paper and the wonderful Digi Image from Heather.
Coloured as usual with pro-markers. Don't know where these sentiments come from, but I have them in green red and blue.

Entering this card into:

Creative Cottage--Christmas
Creative Inspirations--Sketch

Debbiexx

12 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW Debbie this is sooooo SWEET!!! LOVIN the sparkle...ooo I really love the sparkle!!!!

Andria said...

Hiya,

thanks for the lovely comments you have left on my blog, followed you back lol. I think Lili of the Valley stamps are now my number 1 fave, pity i don't get comission from them though. nice to find fellow Cumbrians on here, I live in whitehaven. Off to look at the rest of your creations now :)

Lindsey said...

Yay! Congrats on your first digi! If anyone had said to me 6 months ago i would grow to like them i would have told them theat I would never cross over to the "darkside" but I did! Not totally though still prefer the old ink and rubbah but i do like that you can re-sise these and get the in minutes (and of course Paypal means it free yay!) I love the image you chose and the blues look great too. Love the card!
Linds x

Fiona said...

hey Debbie...your first digi card is wonderful...I love the color combo you have gone with...frosty feel!!
I think digi's are fab...now that I have mastered how to change the size and much less expensive.

Fi
x

Fleur said...

Hi Debbie, fantastic work, I always shy away from digi's. But you've done a perfect job.
Thanks for earlier.
Hugz Fleur xXx

dolcreations said...

Oh Debbie..when I saw this cutie I fell in love ! Just when you think there is not another stamp you have to have...another one come along!LOL You have done such a cute card! I so love the blue glitter around the edge...and the colours you chose for her...PERFECT!

Norma said...

Debbie, what an adorable card. And she is so very cute. Beautifully coloured. I haven't done much digi stamps myself, but I see that I will probably start doing more as there are sooo... many cute images out there. Love the glitter you used.
You are so sweet to leave such a lovely comment on my blog. Thank you so much--it really made my day (both times...LOL). And yes, of course, use the card to create a Christmas card for your mum. I'm tickled pink when something I did inspire others.

Hugs.
Norma

Tracy said...

very sweet card love that image and the gorgeous colours and layout. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, I hope you will join us again. Tracy x

Jane said...

Ah, she's a sweetie Debbie!! Love the colours you've used! You asked about printing sentiments. Yes,my copic cardstock goes through my printer so I'm lucky! but I just print onto full sheet and then cut to size! Hope that helps! hugs, Jane xxx

lindyloo said...

super colours and layout oh and that image is sooo sute thanks for joining us at the creative cottage huggies lindyloo x

Faye said...

Oooh, me likey, me likey a lot! Well done on your first digi, and I'm loving the blue, it does look lovely for Christmas. Have a great weekend. xxx

Teri said...

Great card hun!
Thanks for sharing at The Creative Cottage this week.
Hugs,
Teri x